Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Wisdom Teeth

A few months ago, I got my wisdom teeth taken out. I was lucky and only had the top two. I always thought everyone had four wisdom teeth, but that's not true! I only had two, some people have five, and one of my friends doesn't have any. I remember how awesome it was to fall asleep and wake up feeling like I'd been asleep for only a couple minutes. They rolled me out in a wheel chair and I got in my mom's car to go home. I wasn't loopy or anything, just extremely tired. 
This morning, Tessa got her wisdom teeth out, and from what I could tell when she first got home, she's still her usual self. She's currently in her room watching Harry Potter with her eyes closed. She had all four, and she's quite chipmunk-cheeked. My swelling didn't even really appear until the second day, and it wasn't much. 
I hated being on that soft food diet. Luckily I love mashed potatoes, but I was craving steak! It only took me a couple days to start eating solid foods, mostly because I really wanted them. 
The worst part about the healing process for me was the dissolvable stitches. Mine dissolved in about a week or two and at different times, but those were some awful stitches. They didn't hurt, they were just really annoying and would tickle my tongue and I wanted to cut them out. I had a little bit of pain in my cheeks whenever I smiled for a few weeks, which wasn't fun considering how many times I smile and laugh in a day. 
Hopefully Tessa has a super smooth recovery and doesn't have issues with her stitches. 

Side note: when one of my friends got his wisdom teeth out, he was so loopy that he sat on top of something and when his mom told him to get down, he said "I'm an eagle!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment