Friday, July 25, 2014

Harry Potter

I know a lot of people read this series when they were younger, but I was never a big reader. I finally started reading the first book the other day and I'm already enjoying it quite a lot. I just wish I hadn't already seen all of the movies so I could imagine some of the characters on my own. The way Filch is written so far, I see him a lot differently than I see movie Filch. Same with Professor McGonagall. But that's okay! 
As you can see, I'm missing the 7th book in the series. I'll go out and find that when I get there. Obviously, I have a long way to go. These actually used to belong to my mom's friend, and we've had them for a really long time because Tessa wanted to read them, so I guess she doesn't want them back...
Oh, and in case you're wondering, I made that little sparkly wand. When Tessa was going through her Harry Potter obsessed phase, we would find sticks and carve them to make them look like wands and paint them and glitter them. I've always really liked my wand. Now it has a proper place on my bookshelf! 
I'm really excited to finally be reading this series. I might post about my progress along the way. I promise I'll avoid spoilers, in case anyone else is reading them and hasn't actually seen the movies. 
Side note: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

No comments:

Post a Comment