Thursday, August 7, 2014

The Weirdest Feeling...

There are tons of things on the internet that talk about how it feels to graduate high school and how it feels to start college, but it wasn't until this Tuesday that I realized that there's one feeling I've never read about or even expected to experience. Maybe it's because most people are friends with people in their graduating class. I am not one of those people. I have a few close friends in my grade, but for the most part, I'm surrounded by people in grades below me. My sister is a junior this year, my boyfriend is a senior, and all of my boyfriend's friends (who I hang out with a lot) are juniors and seniors. Not to mention a bunch of my friends from drama who are now sophomores, juniors, and seniors! My point is, the first week of high school has been really weird for this high school graduate! 
I woke up Tuesday morning and looked at Twitter, where I saw tons of tweets about it being the first day of school. My brain finally woke up and I had the sudden realization that it was almost 8, meaning I missed my sister leaving and tons of my friends were now back in school. I didn't know whether to feel awesome or just plain weirded out about this situation. There I was, laying in bed on the first day of high school. The first day in 14 years that I wasn't starting school the same time as everyone else. The first day in 3 years that I wasn't sitting in the cafeteria talking to my friends before class. The first day in 12 years that I didn't have to get up at 6 in the morning to go to a place that I dreaded 90% of the time. It was great, it was a relief, but it was also very, very strange. 
Michaela and I planned on doing a photo shoot that day, so I went to pick her up and fill my tank. On the way back home from the gas station, we passed the school. The parkinglots were packed and we both said that it felt a lot like we were skipping school. So I wasn't completely alone in this weird feeling. 
It's now the 3rd day of school, and it STILL feels weird! Maybe I'll get used to it. I hope I'll get used to it. Is this what stay-at-home moms feel like when school starts back? Without the driving the kid to and from school of course. 
On another note, the photoshoot that Michaela and I did was so much fun. We made a wall of Christmas lights and all these different set ups.
My favorite. You can see our light wall behind me.
For this one we had the white sheet closed in a door, draped over the top of the mirror, and pinned to the back of the mirror. The mirror was leaning up against two stools, and we draped icicle lights on the top of it. You can see the light wall a little bit better in this one. I absolutely love how all of these pictures came out. That was probably my favorite photo shoot of all time. Michaela is so talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment