Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I'm Back!

Oh gosh, I haven't written a blog post in days. I've actually been busy for some reason and didn't get the chance to post anything until now. So here's basically a little update on what I've been up to.
I got to see a really awesome musical called Legally Blonde on Friday! I was extremely impressed by everything about it; the dance numbers, the super quick costume changes, the singing, etc. It was so good, especially for a local theatre group. Usually I don't like ensemble songs where everyone's on stage dancing because there's so much going on, but the ensemble pieces were actually my favorites in this one. That's probably a sign of awesome choreography. That was great and so many people I knew were in it which made it even better.
On Saturday I went with my boyfriend to his company picnic, which was interesting. When I got home from that, no one was home, and I had no idea where any of my family members had gone. I texted my mom, waited a bit, no response. Then I texted my sister, still no response. Decided to call my mom, no answer. A little later on my sister texted me and explained that they were in the middle of getting new phones when I was texting them. My mom and sister both got new iPhones, and the next day I got my number transferred to my mom's "old" iPhone 4S. It still works perfectly fine, but smart phones are really darn confusing. There's so much to not understand. But we're all getting used to them. Tessa seems to be having a perfectly easy time with hers. Mom and I are still having some trouble. We're getting there though! It's so great to only have one device to carry around everywhere instead of two. I used to have my little cell phone that could only text and call and take crappy pictures, and then my ipod for social media and games and all my music. Now it's all in one place and I'm so excited about that.
Yesterday was the last day of summer for the high schoolers, so I spent pretty much the whole day with my boyfriend, who is now a senior in high school. We went swimming and played Mario Kart and pool and then we ended up going to La Placita with a group of friends like we do on Wednesdays, and then we all played more pool. It was a really long day, but it was fun.
I woke up this morning and checked twitter, which reminded me that it was the first day of school for them. On Facebook I saw my mom's pictures of Tessa from earlier in the morning. I honestly don't know how I feel about this. It feels REALLY WEIRD but also pretty great because I don't have to get up at 6 in the morning anymore. I still have two weeks of summer left, but the fact that a lot of people I know are back at school today is getting me all confused.
So that's my little update. Hopefully I'll start keeping up with this better.

No comments:

Post a Comment