Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015! (November-December Update)

I have come to the sad realization that I am absolutely horrible at keeping up with this blog. But don't worry! I've come up with a solution to this annoying problem. Whenever something blog-worthy happens, I'll blog about it. Makes sense, doesn't it? I don't know why I haven't been doing that.
Anyway, since I haven't updated this blog since November, I'll go through a quick recap of everything note-worthy that's happened since then (according to Instagram).

1.
Okay we're starting off with something really exciting. I had to write a Rhetorical Analysis for my English class this semester, and our teacher kept saying that it was "probably the hardest paper you'll ever have to write." Through the whole peer-editing process, she kept sending people who weren't understanding it to look at mine. I was really worried about what my final grade would be since my teacher was so unpredictable, but when I got the paper back with the above writing on the front page, I hugged her. Then I went into the hallway to call my mom. Then I posted it on Instagram for my "100 Happy Days" post of the day because I was just that excited about it.

2. 
I went to my first Mini Convention! It was just a one-day thing in a small part of the civic center instead of the usual 3-day event hosted in one of the big event rooms. I dressed as "Hipster Belle," which is Belle from Beauty and the Beast altered to look like a hipster. Do you know how extremely difficult it is to find a yellow dress?? My friend Katie helped me alter it, which involved her making a whole new underskirt for it and me safety-pinning it to the waistline of the dress. I found some 3D glasses, made my rose flower crown, drew my "Tale as Old as Time" tattoo on my arm, and kept myself warm in my mom's rose-printed shawl (which is probably one of my new favorite things), black tights, and black high heel boots. I didn't stay for the whole day, but while I was there I bought a present for Michaela, my favorite Japanese candies, and some awesome earrings. The Ariel in the middle picture kept saying "You're so tall! I love it!"

3. 
I learned how to arm knit! This was my first attempt and not my favorite because of the chunkiness, but it is VERY warm and cozy and will be perfect for when it gets really cold. I learned from a video I found on pinterest and I've made 3 whole scarves since then. I started another yesterday with a beautiful wine-colored yarn I got recently and I can't wait to finish it. On Thanksgiving I even taught my sister how to do it, and my friend Katie has gotten into it as well. It's really easy once you figure out how to be somewhat ambidextrous.

4.
Thanksgiving! We had a wonderful, relaxing day. I taught Tessa how to arm-knit, watched the Macy's Thanksgiving parade, and Tessa and I did a little photo shoot in our yard. Then of course we had a fantastic dinner.

5. 
First of all, Kaylie is adorable. I modeled some of her jewelry and a scarf for her Etsy shop! It was cold and windy, but also fun and productive and I'm glad I got to see her. She paid me in fudge. Story behind this picture: She kept putting the rings on my fingers for me to model them and we kept saying that we were officially engaged 7 times over.
Here's the link to her shop, Lost Cause Revival!

6. 
I got my first Christmas present 25 days early. My dad and I went to the Guitar Center to look for a guitar and came out not even 10 minutes later with this in our hands. It came with a fancy tuner, a case, a couple picks, and a few other things for guitar beginners. I've been teaching myself with YouTube and iPhone apps!

7. 
My math teacher's "favorite email of the semester" is my favorite email of my entire life. Remember when I wrote a few months ago about how well math class was going for me? Well it continued to go very well, and I studied my butt off for the last test and earned a flipping 94.5, bumping my total grade of 89.5 to a 90.5, which meant that I was exempt from the comprehensive math final! This was HUGE for me. After struggling with math for years, getting only an 18 and 19 on the math portion of my ACTs, I passed my first college math class with an A. I'm hardly nervous for Pre-Calculus with this awesome teacher next semester.
The semester went extremely well. I ended with four A's and a B in History (which was taught backwards...).

8. 
We went to see the Rockettes in Nashville! The mall, hotel, and Opry house were all so beautiful. The show was interesting and I was in love with a lot of the technical aspects of it. I would love to work tech for a Rockette show some day. I also have to mention that there were real sheep, donkeys, and camels on stage. So that was cool. 

9. 
Honestly this whole event needs its own post. But Michaela was able to fly home from California for Christmas! We greeted her at the airport and then she and Katie slept over at my house. We surprised her mom the next day on Christmas Eve. It was great to hug my best friend again after 3 months.

10.
Christmas! Belle kept playing with her stocking hoping that more treats would fall out of it. I got a lot of little things, including 6 books and some really nice mascara. Most of the day was spent playing games and building Tessa's roller coaster. 

11. 
Since Michaela was home, we couldn't pass up a photo shoot. The three of us adventured out into Rainbow Mountain and had a fun time climbing up a river and taking pictures. Michaela took some wonderful pictures of Katie and I (My new sidebar picture is one of my favorites). I definitely want to go back to this area when it gets warmer so I can enjoy the scenery without a cold nose. Also, climbing rocks is pretty good exercise!

12. 
New Years Eve! Yes that is sparkling white grape juice! I rang in the New Year by playing board games with some awesome people. Isn't my new scarf pretty?
Some of my 2015 goals/resolutions are:
-Drink more tea and less soda.
-Get a scholarship.
-Get a job.
-Don't be afraid to ask for help when you need it.
-Read every day (I'm loving Harry Potter! Progress: 4/7)
-Update your blog whenever something blog-worthy occurs!

So that's my update on November and December of 2014. Also a bit of a taste of the kind of things I find blog-worthy. I'll also be sharing my thoughts on books I read throughout the year, because I plan on this being the year that I make myself become a total book worm. I have a list of books I want to read after I finish the Harry Potter series. 
Sorry for the super-long post, but thank you very much for reading it!

1 comment: