Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Oops...

I honestly could not think of any other title to give this post. I've never been good at keeping up with writing things, which is quite worrisome considering that I'm majoring in English, and now I've managed to forget about my blog for a whole month... Oops... There actually were a LOT of interesting events that occurred in the month of October, and I'm going to try to blog about them within the next couple of weeks. I did tech work for a show, participated in the Ribbon Run, went to a masquerade ball, helped paint the set for my high school's competition show, and Halloween happened! At least that's all of the stuff I managed to get pictures during. I will write more in-depth posts about those things soon!
Even though I haven't been blogging, I have still been writing! Well, I've been writing essays for English class... But that counts! We wrote 4 papers in a row. Most of them were easy, but the last one we wrote happened to be the hardest and the ONE paper that I procrastinated on. The instructor seemed to really like the bits of it that she read in class, but her grading is extremely unpredictable. She gave me a B on an essay which I felt deserved a much better grade, and an A on another essay that wasn't any better than the other. I know that a B isn't bad, and I wasn't upset about getting a B. I was upset that this particular paper was given a B without any good explanation. Oh well.

I've been doing some more art recently thanks to Michaela needing help with making a business card. I did some hand lettering for that and then got addicted to it again. I even started a new banner for this blog! I'll finish that when I get the chance and then make a few updates to the look of my blog. I don't plan on moving any important buttons or anything, so don't worry. It'll be set up the same, just with different colors and backgrounds and fonts.

Last night I did some painting! It was a really quick project on a piece of scrap wood.
The picture of it isn't very great, but you get the idea. I'm very pleased with how my birds turned out. 

So yeah, I guess that's a little update! I don't think I'll be doing "Wordy Wednesdays" weekly anymore, because they started to become a struggle. I can't force myself to think "Oh crap, I need a quote. What quote should I use? What should I say about it?" It's much easier to write about a quote when I have inspiration from something in my life that relates to it. I'll most likely be blogging on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and weekends for the rest of this semester.
Sorry for disappearing, but I'm back now! 


No comments:

Post a Comment