Friday, May 29, 2015

Graduation!

I'm really happy that I got to go to James' high school graduation! I was so scared that morning that I wouldn't feel well enough to go, but I was feeling better by then and got to watch James and a long list of other friends graduate. It was exciting to see so many people I know walk across the stage. I'm so proud of them all!
I was surprised how small this group was compared to mine last year. This was the first class of students that didn't have the option to go to the new school or stay here, so that definitely shrunk the size of the group. Last year and years before the seating went much farther back. I was happy that we got close seats so I could see people and make faces at James whenever he looked up at his family and me. Mostly huge smiles because I was extremely excited. 
My mom was watching the live stream of the graduation at home and got this picture of James getting his diploma from the principal. Yay James! 
I was taking a video when the caps were supposed to be thrown but NO ONE THREW THEIR CAPS!!! What the heck guys, I was waiting for it! How did that not happen? I saw one, ONE, hat go flying super high into the air. You all have four years to practice getting that right for the next one. Or two if you're joining me at Calhoun. It's okay, that's plenty of time. 
Look how cute! After graduation and picture taking, we all went to some restaurant that I didn't know existed and got a huge order of chicken wings to share. 
It was lots of fun and I'm really glad I got to be there to see my boyfriend and so many of my friends from drama, tech, art class, etc. graduate from high school. I hope you all have a wonderful summer before starting your next chapter in life! I hope whatever path you choose to take after high school leads you towards success and happiness and wonderful new adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment