Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Freshman Year Complete!

A week ago today I finished my first year of college! Yaaaaayyyyy!!! I meant to post something about it that day or the next, but the rest of that week was pretty busy. I'll talk about that in my next blog post.
Anyway, I can't believe how fast it went by. It got pretty slow near the end because I had to wait a week after I was done with the rest of my classes to take my history final. But now that's all out of the way! I'm officially completely done with history classes, basic English classes, and math classes! I never even had to take a math final! If you don't follow me on facebook, instagram, or twitter, you probably don't know that, yes, I did indeed ace out of my Pre-Calculus final. I ended the class with a 90.2 after my last chapter test. I ended English probably with an A or a high B. I ended astronomy with a C just because I don't care for sciences. And I don't know what my grade was in history at any point in time. Could be an A. Could be a D. Could be a B. I'm completely clueless because my teacher was 70 years old and didn't know how to work a computer.
Overall I had a pretty great semester. I had my math and English teachers for both semesters, so it'll be really weird to not see them every day anymore. I gave them both little flowers and I wrote my math teacher a nice thank-you note.
I checked Blackboard this morning and found my summer American Literature class is already up there. I looked at the syllabus and I'm super excited! I'll be missing a week for Tessa's dance competition but a week is really only two days of class, so that's no huge deal. We're even going to have an Edgar Allan Poe section which makes me even more excited because Poe is my fave. I'll also be taking a physical science class online which hopefully I'll be able to complete early. I don't have any information on that class yet but something should be posted soon. I'm being sneaky with my science classes and taking them all online so I don't have to actually spend an extra hour on campus for labs. Once I'm done with physical science, I'll have all my science credits!
I'm really glad that I decided to go to a community college and get my basic classes out of the way. It just makes me even more excited to transfer to UAH and start taking all the classes I'm interested in. And I'm only 3 semesters away! Wow. It's going really fast and I just hope these next 3 semesters are fast as well. I can't wait to go to a school where I actually have friends and where I'll actually learn things that apply to my major and minor. It feels like I'm just in college limbo and waiting until I can get to the good stuff, but it'll probably be worth the wait.
So yep! That's where I am school-wise. I'll make another post tomorrow or the next day about this awesome/long/exhausting/great weekend I just had.

No comments:

Post a Comment