Sunday, February 15, 2015

Meat and Beef Sandwiches

Hello again! It's been a little while since anything super exciting happened, but this weekend was an exception. Not only was Saturday Valentine's Day, but it was also the day I got to see Brian Regan live! It was an awesome day that I'm going to write a little recap of after a mini update on school things.
I'm going into the 6th week of my second semester of college. This past week I took my first math test of the semester and received the grade on my first essay of the semester in English. My first history test will be on Tuesday. I wasn't confident with my essay at all because I couldn't focus on it and I was just happy to have it finished and turned in by the due date. I really didn't know what I was supposed to be writing about. I ended up getting an 88, which is much better than I expected.
I studied like crazy for the math test, even getting up at 6:30 to have enough time to finish the study guide and go over the formulas. After I took the test, I checked over it for any mistakes. Luckily I remembered that 4 times 5 is not 25 and that the x's go UNDER the y's in the slope formula... A couple days later I was able to see the grade online and I ended up with a 93.5! I laughed about getting a higher grade on my first math test than my first English grade. I would have done a lot better in high school if I had actually studied for anything.
Today I've been working on a lot of stuff for English class, including the outline for my second paper, which is still confusing me, but not as much as the first one did.

Anyway, Valentine's Day!
I went to Cafe 153 with James for our Valentine's Day date around 1:00. It was really nice and I was (happily) surprised that the only other people there were a couple of business men. After we had our hot chocolate we went to his house and played ping pong until I had to pick up Katie. James gave me a cute mug with Snoopy and chocolates inside it. His mom also gave me a very pretty necklace that I can't wait to wear. I made him a batch of white chocolate macadamia nut cookies and gave him a little mason jar with a bunch of ideas for free and cheap dates. We hadn't been to Cafe 153 in a while so it was nice to have out white hot chocolate again and spend some time together.
After hot chocolate and ping pong, I picked up Katie and brought her to my house for dinner and to hang out before the show. Katie and I started watching Brian Regan videos on YouTube together fairly recently. I've been a fan of him probably since 9th or 10th grade. When my mom told me that he was coming to our civic center, there was no way that I was going to miss it or let Katie miss it. We ordered our tickets for Dad, Katie, and I and started counting down the days.
We got there an hour early to beat the crowd and Katie and I made videos and took pictures and quoted Brian Regan skits and she taught me some sign language. I now know how to sign "mean," "poop," "don't know," "don't care," and "shut up." That's really all I need to know.
Anyway, when 8:00 rolled around, the opening act came on stage. Joe Zimmerman was hilarious and I think I remembered more direct quotes from his act than from Brian's. When Brian came out on stage Katie and I looked at each other and said "He's real!" It was so awesome to see him in person and to hear new stuff from him since I'd been listening to the same skits forever. He goofed up at one point and said "Would you like a meat and beef sandwich with gravy?" and then stopped and said "...Meat and beef... I really need to think of a word that's not synonymous with meat." Then for the rest of the show he kept referring back to his meat and beef sandwich.
Usually I'm majorly against anyone recording or taking pictures in a theater setting of any sort, but there were people doing that and ushers posted at every door who weren't doing anything about it, so even I took a few pictures and recorded a video at the end when he was repeating some of his older skits. I sent the video to my sister who was in South Carolina for a dance competition which made her really happy. Katie and I yelled "I bought two boxen of donuts" in the video, but he didn't acknowledge us. At least we tried!

It was an awesome day and night that I had been looking forward to for a couple weeks.

On another note, I'm hoping to start up my Etsy shop sometime soon. I'm not sure how soon exactly, but I'm working on coming up with a name and I have a few scarves ready to sell. I haven't been doing many new projects to post about lately, but maybe once spring break rolls around I'll have some crafts to share. Anyway, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment